Be part of nautical history on the Ultimate World Cruise offered by Viking Ocean Cruises. Embark on an incredible journey to six continents, 59 countries, 113 ports with 22 port overnights on the luxurious and elegant Viking Sun. If exploring some of the world’s most iconic places is a priority, you will be able to check many of them off your bucket list on this cruise vacation.
Experience a cruise like no other on this full circumnavigation of the globe. This voyage is slated to be record-breaking as the “longest-ever continuous world cruise itinerary.” Departing from London, this eight-month voyage of a lifetime will take you to such diverse and exciting destinations as Rio de Janeiro, Ushuaia, Kinderdijk, Hobart, Ho Chi Minh City, Mumbai, and Luxor among others in addition to several new ports for Viking in South America.
Your extraordinary sojourn will stand out from other vacations as a unique and special endeavor. You’ll have the added bonus of sharing this trip accompanied by like-minded fellow guests with whom you’ll make lifelong friends throughout an incomparable shared adventure. Stay in beautiful spacious accommodations, participate in fascinating local enrichment activities, see fabulous high-end shows and productions, indulge your senses in the LivNordic Spa, play a round of mini-golf with friends, sip cocktails in stunning bars and lounges, and dine on the finest world-class cuisine.
Good news for those who cannot do the entire sailing due to time constraints — Viking is offering guests the option to sail on your choice of two shorter segments of this exceptional cruise. You can choose “Viking World Treasures” visiting 33 countries and 61 ports or the equally exciting “Viking World Wonders,” with stops in 29 countries and 55 spectacular ports.
One of the best ways to see the world is on the luxurious 47,800-ton, 930-guest Viking Sun, which made her debut in fall 2017. Step aboard this beautiful ship and enter a world of delightful pampering. State-of-the-art, she boasts fabulous amenities including a spa, featuring an extensive menu of pampering and indulgent treatments, a fitness center and a hair salon.
Lounge by one of two pools, including a beautiful infinity pool located at the stern of the ship and the other with a retractable Magrodome roof for inclement weather. Socialize with fellow travelers at the welcoming Viking Living Room. Evenings include delightful live performances in the theater and current movies in one of two cinemas.
Viking offers one of the most inclusive cruise experiences. Complimentary Wi-Fi, soft drinks, beer and wine are freely poured with lunch and dinner onboard, and at least one shore excursion is provided in every port of call. All onboard restaurants and eateries are also included.
Elegant and intimate, the state-of-the-art Viking Sun features spacious, ultra-comfortable, well-appointed accommodations with wonderful conveniences and a modern Scandinavian design. All staterooms and suites boast a private veranda. Fourteen two-room suites range from 720- to the 1,448-square-foot Owner’s Suite, showcasing sweeping views from private wrap-around balconies, a wine cabinet and its own sauna. All accommodations feature TV’s, complimentary Wi-Fi access, stocked mini-bars and elegant bathrooms with heated floors.
You’ll relish Viking’s award-winning cuisine at Manfredi’s Italian Restaurant, the international World Café and the casual poolside Aquavit Terrace. Savor exquisite culinary delights from a menu that changes daily at the elegant main restaurant.
An excursion is included in every port, so you can easily immerse yourself in the world’s diverse cultures. Experience The Viking Way of exploration with additional optional excursions to delve deeper into Local Life, Working World and Privileged Access visits to various cultural institutions. Viking’s Culture Curriculum offers regional entertainment and lectures, as well as learning opportunities as part of its acclaimed Viking Resident program.
- Greenwich: Dock in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London, for convenient access to the royal capital’s iconic sights, such as Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: This memorable city grants you access to world-famous, Christ the Redeemer statue along with legendary Copacabana and Ipanema beaches.
- Ushuaia, Argentina: You’ll marvel at spectacular scenery through excursions to the nearby Escondido and Fagnano Lakes or Tierra del Fuego National Park.
- Hobart, Tasmania: Learn about the fascinating aboriginal history of this region and explore its wilderness area, including Mt. Wellington.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Spend time in this vibrant history-rich city, home to a mix of painstakingly maintained modern skyscrapers, French colonial buildings, and ancient palaces. It is home to the remarkable Cu Chi Tunnels, War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Reunification Palace.
- Mumbai, India: Formerly known as Bombay, Mumbai is the financial, commercial, and entertainment capital of India. Attain a better understanding of Gandhi at the Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum and visit the awe-inspiring Hanging Gardens.
- Luxor, Egypt: One of the world’s most breathtaking destinations, this is the site of Thebes, an ancient Egyptian city. Explore many wonderfully preserved historical monuments including the Temple of Karnak in addition to the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens, which are home to the tombs of the Pharaohs and their wives.
- Eight All-New Ports in South America– Guests will visit eight all-new Viking ports while in South America, including Roseau, Dominica, La Serena (Coquimbo) and Iquique in Chile, Arequipa (Matarani), Pisco (General San Martín) and Lima (Callao) in Peru, Quito (Manta), Ecuador and Panama City (Fuerte Amador), Panama.
This is just the beginning of the incomparable service and enlightenment you’ll gain on this once-in-a-lifetime, culturally immersive, world cruise. Best of all, you will be cruising on a beautiful luxury cruise ship, the spectacular Viking Sun.
For more information on this exciting World Cruise, the Viking Sun and our cruise deals, visit us at Cruise.com or contact one of our cruise experts at 1-888-776-0659.